NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


23 September 2012

Why I love figs

Fresh or dried. Calmyrna or Black Mission. Figs are one of my all time favorite fruits.

Being a raw foodie, I found in my earlier days that dried figs fulfilled my cravings for heartier, denser and sweeter foods. The same satisfaction I would get from a sweet cake or dessert after a nice meal. With figs I would still feel good after eating without any adverse effects, or guilt for that matter!

Figs are so nutritionally sound and are perfect just as they are, eaten fresh.

Containing calcium, zinc and iron, and concentrated more so in their dried form, figs make for a great snack or addition to a raw dessert.

Slice them into a salad paired with cashews or a cashew "cream" sauce, add them to a refreshing fruit salad - great with raspberries, incorporate them into a fruit & nut bar such as walnuts and dates or cranberries.

Fresh ones are found seasonally around this time of year. Take advantage of them while they last. They may be gone on your next trip to the grocery store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"