NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


02 August 2012

Guest Blog Post: Eat Awesome's Paul Jarvis!

I first heard of Paul via his website and immediately enjoyed his take on
being vegan.

Here, Paul shares his answer to the common question of vegans.... but where do you get your protein?

Here goes....

Paul, Where DO you get your protein?

This is definitely the question that vegans hear most often. But when was the last time you heard of anyone being protein deficient in the western world? It just doesn’t happen – among vegans or omnivores. The real dangers and potential killers related to diet include cancer, diabetes and heart disease – all of which have been linked to dairy and meat consumption by actual medical journals, written by established scientists.

I get my protein from eating a well-balanced, whole foods diet. I don’t bother trying to figure out if I’ve had enough protein on a daily basis, because I know there’s enough in the food I eat. There is protein in nuts, seeds, vegetables, and many other foods. North Americans are obsessed with protein, and really, we eat far too much of it (and if you think I’m full of tofu, look at research on how protein over-consumption relates to kidney stones, constipation, and other maladies). If your diet includes various and diverse plant-based foods, you’ll get enough, even if you’re very active. Good sources of protein include foods like almonds, lentils, quinoa, beans, broccoli, tempeh and chickpeas. And none of these proteins have bad fats or cholesterol (bonus!).



About Paul Jarvis

Paul Jarvis is the author of Eat Awesome: A regular person’s guide to plant-based, whole foods. He believes veganism is love — and that deliciousness always trumps dogma. He’s also a web designer, minimalist and touring musician. He lives with his amazing wife Lisa, in Tofino, British Columbia. They’ve also got a llama named Starman, who hangs out on a rescue sanctuary in Seabeck, Washington. Stay awesome!


Thanks Paul! Visit him online at www.eatawesome.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"