NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


20 June 2012

Raising vegan children?

I think I may have discovered a breakfast cereal - so simple - for your vegan or raw vegan little ones. Like a "pablum" or "formula" yet heartier and more nutritionally sound. That is, less processed and provides quality nourishment for the proper development of mind, body, spirit and soul.

So, with two easy ingredients, here goes:

Vegan Children's Pablum
... can be used for big kids too.

Creates: 1 cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes

1 c rolled oats
1 1/2 c water
4 T nutritional yeast

In small bowl add oats and cover with water. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.

Drain liquid from oats - set aside for other uses such as adding to smoothies. Add nutritional yeast to oats and mix well with mixing spoon.

Serve.

Additions: create a sweet variety by adding cinnamon, dried fruit that has been soaked to rehydrate and carob powder (provides magnesium). Or add to the savory flavor with gentle garden herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"