NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


17 May 2012

I (heart) kale

Wow. I must say organic kale kicks it up a notch.

In making my morning smoothie using a fresh leaf of organic kale from Nature's Best market, the first thing I noticed was the beautiful aroma as I took off the lid of the VitaMix. The fresh smell that nearest resembles pure wheat grass wafted from the VitaMix canister. Wow, pure nutrition in its highest form. I do not receive these results from a regular, domestic head of kale. There sure is something to be said for choosing organic.Yes the price was higher $4.99 compared to $0.97. (eep!) Simply knowing the efficiency of fuel is far greater, I do choose organic when I have the cash to. I still love me a "less than a buck a head" of kale from Superstore - it makes great kale chips that can feed a family of 4 (or a family of 1 for several weeks in my case ;)

So! Step aside morning bacon 'n egger ;) (eeeeww) There's a new kid in town and it's called real fuel for the mind and body.

Want vibrant energy that lasts and sustains you through the day - without crashing & burning - without the jitters - without feeling like you have to shift through 7 or 8 gears before hitting your groove? Want energy to enjoy the day, evening AND time with you friends, family, partner, pets, wascana park? There's more than enough to go around when you fuel yourself well.

Go green, organic, fresh, vibrant and fun.

High Octane Fuel Smoothie

Creates: 2 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes

1 fresh leaf of kale
2 T mixed bean sprouts (optional - I happen to have on hand)
4 T hemp hearts (Manitoba Harvest now available in organic variety at Dad's Organic Market, Regina)
1 t chia seeds
1/4 t chlorella powder
1/4 t maca root powder
1 banana (or two for added sweetness - many find the green a bit too "green" when starting out. You can also add maple or agave syrup if so required for this reason)

Add all ingredients to favorite high speed blender (VitaMix;) and blend well to creamy smooth. Add ice if cooler temperature desired in the summertime.

Enjoy.

* chia, chlorella and maca root powders are available through your local organic markets. Try Old Fashioned Foods, Dad's Organic, Nature's Best Market or Eat Healthy Foods to name a few



3 comments:

  1. I just hope that the chlorella supplement that my doctor recommended to me last month is really effective. It's not that I don't trust my doctor, I just want to make sure I'm taking the right supplement to help boost my immune system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you talked about Maca root powder and hemp hearts as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, chlorella is a great blood cleanser - think detoxifier of heavy metals. It also provides essential fatty acids. As a great source of magnesium, chlorella provides many health benefits! Here is an article I found that you'll enjoy. Thanks again Val and hope this is helpful. www.evolutionhealth.com/free_report_chlorella.htm

    ReplyDelete

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"