NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


23 February 2012

A point to consider

Do you shop at Dollarama?

I had a conversation today, with a lady that works there. She shared with me that every day, that one store fills a large red Lorass disposal bin with their end of day garbage, tossed leftover products and out of season/promo product. Think foil wrapped Christmas chocolates.

Consider this. This is one store in one city in one province each day. Every day. Multiply this by the number of days in the year and by the number of stores in one city and by the number of stores in the world. And now year over year.

(Did Annie Leonard write the Story of Stuff just about this one store - wow)

This is an atrocious amount of waste. And I say this boldly. Rarely do I speak out so strongly however I believe it is time to be real and realize what is happening in our cities and backyards.

And this is just one business. In one city.

Please consider where your dollars are spent. Every dollar is a vote for what you want more of.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"