NavitasNaturals.com - Goji, Acai, Cacao, Maca... Superfoods!


"WOW" "You are amazing..."

"Your website is awesome and full of fabulous information. I love the recipes...when I have a little more time I'm going to go back to it and look for more info. I am interested in raw warming foods. I just have to tell you how impressed I am with all that you are doing with OnlyGreen and the natural living lifestyle....your hard work and commitment is inspiring!"

Sara Londono Sulkin, Health as a Choice Health Coaching
www.saralondonosulkin.com


24 March 2010

A Simple Salad

1 head romaine lettuce
1/2 avocado
1 T sunflower seeds
1 T dulse
4 T olive oil
celtic or Himalayan sea salt
1 medjool date

Dice romaine leaves into bite size pieces, slice avocado, sprinkle with seeds, dulse and drizzle with oil and salt. Dice medjool date atop for garnish. Enjoy.

This salad is truly magnificent in its simplicity. The flavor of the olive oil shines through beautifully paired with the crispness of the romaine leaves. The balancing sweet of the date, salt of the dulse and sour of the lemon bring a well rounded harmony to this wonderful salad. Enjoy daily.

Dulse is a sea vegetable available in most organic markets and health food stores. There are many nice varieties from the west coast waters of Canada.
Medjool dates are also available in most markets provided to us from California, recognizable by their large size.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds super easy and tasty! I just got some Himalayan pink salt from Sustainable Sourcing https://secure.sustainablesourcing.com and I think I'll try it out in this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I look forward to hearing how you enjoyed the salad! And thank you again for sharing in the enjoyment of a living cuisine lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete

"enjoy a
conscious
expansion in
lifestyle &
wellbeing
through the art
of natural living"